Monday, April 20, 2009

The NEW and IMPROVED mullet

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, I discovered the new mullet today. No longer is it the in-your-face, impossible-to-miss mullet. You know what I'm talking about:







Oh no. Those days are long past. Unless you live in Alabama (or Louisiana or Mississippi or West Virginia . . .) of course, but that is a post for another day. No, today's mullet is a tad less intrusive. A tad less obvious. But it is still there. It still exists. Even here in Tallahassee, FL. Yes, you read that right. I saw a living, breathing mullet today at the Capitol. Let me explain.

As I was walking through the Capitol, minding my own business, I see this woman facing me. She is a decent looking woman, definitely not the "mullet-type." Or so I thought. As she turned to walk away, I almost didn't see it. But then I caught a glimpse. And realized this may be an even more obscene mullet than the kind shown above. Because this woman was trying to be inconspicuous. It's like she didn't even realize she had one. That's right. She had a skirt mullet.

Her skirt was an acceptable length in the front. Maybe a tad too short, but not completely unprofessional. But then, when she turned to walk away, she had a slit up the back of her skirt. And it was such a looooong slit, and the skirt was already short, that . . . you do see where I'm going with this right? Sort of like this, except, imagine the skirt a just a tad longer and the slit in the back:



Yup, business in the front, party in the back. That's right, you could basically see her who-ha. And who needs to see that?!? Definitely not me and definitely not anyone else at the Capitol today. So there you have it folks. The skirt mullet. A new phenomenon. Watch out - it may take you by storm.

2 comments:

Woodland Fields Photography said...

I didn't make the connection until the last paragraph... I know a bit slow. This was awesome!

Amanda said...

I dig the mullet....