Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's over!!!! (sort of . . .)

I have nothing fun to report. Session is sort-of over, but not really. Which creates an odd atmosphere around the office. For most people it's over, so that means the days of long lunches and surfing every newspaper online for some entertainment are back. However, for me it's not really over. See, one of my first reference bills is one they decided to "conference" over. Which means any day now, any hour even, they could decide to conference on it and then require us to run back to our office and draft a version of the bill both sides agreed upon. The problem is I have no clue when all of this will take place. So it's sort of a lot of sitting and waiting . . . for all hell to break lose. At least that's what it feels like to me. I'll be sent a flurry of emails: "what about this?"; "please respond ASAP"; "does this look right?"; etc., and then all is quiet. Until the next flurry. So I sit and wait. And rush to answer emails. And wait. And rush to answer emails. And wait. See a pattern? So that makes this week just peachy keen fun for me.

On top of it all, I have sinusitis. Yup. Sounds like a big ball of fun doesn't it? Starting last Thursday I have been sick as a dog. Ranging from chills and aches on Thursday (and everyone telling me I have the swine flu and to stay away from them) to not being able to breath the rest of the weekend. But, alas, after trying to get into my primary care physician all day yesterday I gave up and went to Patient's First (which I despise!) and I finally have some relief. $50 worth of relief to be exact: $10 for my antibiotic and a whopping $40 for a freaking nose spray. What a rip-off! But at this point, I don't care as long as it makes the week more bearable.

And in true sinusitis fashion, I have lost my train of thought (it happens a lot with all of the congestion and sinus pressure building up . . . in fact, I think "losing one's train of thought" may even be listed as a side effect of sinusitis - I promise). So I will close for now . . . and return when things are a little less cloudy.

No comments: