Monday, August 17, 2009

Let's NOT talk about food

I started to realize that all of my posts are about food. Maybe it's because food is always on my mind. I do love it. Food is like my secret lover - except not so secret. Jeremy knows all about it. And he's never had a problem with it. Until this weekend. We were sitting around on Saturday and it was dinner time and I was like "Let's eat." And he responds with "But are you truly hungry?" Huh? What is that supposed to mean? Who cares if I'm hungry?! It's DINNER time. So he asks me again "Are you hungry?" And my hesitation gives me away. He knows the truth. I'm not. And in all reality, I shouldn't be. We had eaten lunch really late. As in 4:00 p.m. late. So it made sense that at 7:00 p.m. I wasn't hungry. But that wasn't the point. It was time for dinner, hence we must eat. You see my train of thought (and also why I can't ever seem to lose any weight). So then I go into pout-mode. This was the first time I can recall Jeremy denying me my lover. What is the world coming to?!? So I played his little game and held out. I held out as long as I could. And finally around 9:00 p.m. I asked him again if we could eat. And he once again asked if I was hungry. And I think I responded something like this: "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST FEED ME!" He finally caved. I think it was the crazed passion he saw in my eyes. He knew he better not get in the way once again of me and my lover. And because I must have looked really dangerous, he even took on the task of preparing me dinner. [gasp!] And it was delicious! Chicken quesadillas - mmmm. So good. And I was happy again.

Oh, but this post wasn't supposed to be about food. Whoops. Well, this post was initially going to be about Kai. She recently had a spa day and came back looking all cute. In all reality, she looks like a yellow lab with a huge fluffy tail. But I think she's adorable. It may be the cute little bandana they put around her neck. I don't know. But I am a sucker for clothes on dogs. Unfortunately, Jeremy does not allow me to partake in this passion (one lover is enough!). So I have to just hold out until the dogs go to be groomed before I can hope for clothes. Last time they returned with little bows in their ears. TOO CUTE! Anyway, I will post a few photos of Kai's recent haircut. It is SO short! But I know she's loving it in this Florida heat and humidity. And I love it because it means just a tad less furballs for me to clean up after!

Look at this adorable face!


A B&W of her back and bandana.


Look how sleek she looks.


One more of her back. It's so short!


Awwww!


Ok, I must close because . . . well, I'm sure you can tell why. It is 6:30 p.m. after all. And you know what that means . . . dinner time! Hehe.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the pictures! And talking about food isnt all bad I guess.
I have found myself skipping dinner a lot bc I am just not hungry at all...sorry to say it but Im glad you listened to Jer!

Ashley said...

LOL I still ended up eating dinner Amanda, so it wasn't really a productive test. But I know that I should not eat when I'm not hungry. It's just engrained in me that I MUST eat something any time associated with breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Grrr!