Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Annual Christmas List Dilemma

Well, it's that time of year again. The holidays. I love them, but they always catch me completely off guard. So over the year, I find myself saying "I really want X" or "I wish someone would buy me Y." Yet, I always seem to forget to actually add these things to a running list that I can then pull out around the holidays (or my birthday or Valentine's Day or our anniversary . . . well you get the point). So without fail, it always comes time to send out my Christmas list - and I can never think of anything to put on it! It's so frustrating. Especially because I know there are things I want. But my mind decides to have a bout of amnesia when it's time to actually come up with the list. So then I try to run around last minute thinking of things to put on the list - some of it is stuff I don't actually care about, but I HAVE to have something on the list. And it's always hard to balance out my price ranges. Usually I have no problem thinking of expensive items. What can I say? I have expensive taste. But when it comes to less-expensive things - you know, the things I'm actually more likely to get - well, my mind draws a blank. This is a yearly routine and you would think I would have learned by now. But, as always, I have received the yearly email from the relatives asking for my Christmas list. And as always, I am lost.

However, there is one definite thing I know I want - and that I actually have a snowball's chance of getting since it isn't overly expensive. It is a Shootsac. This is a wonderful creation by photographer Jessica Claire. She really is a genius. Not only is the Shootsac functional, but it is stylish as well. It could even pass as a large purse/shoulder bag, when you aren't carrying your lenses. This is a definite must-have on every photographer's list. And I want one!
Just look how handy they are!



And you know what would make me extremely happy? If I could also get a great Shootsac cover! They make your Shootsac so much more personal! Unfortunately, one of my favorite covers seems to have been discontinued. This makes me VERY sad. On the bright side, it does help me choose which one I want. Since I was torn between two and now one has mysteriously disappeared, I am down to one that I truly love. BUT, there's even better news. The Shootsacs and the Shootsac covers are on sale! That's right - so the early bird can save if they want to go ahead and buy this for me NOW! And because of the truly awesome sale, you can get me TWO Shootsac covers for the price of ONE. How amazing is that?!? I'm so excited. I will post photos of the covers I am currently intersted in . . . you know. Just in case.
Classic Fling is my top choice now since the other one was discontinued:
And Classic Stylin' is also quite nice. And with the sale, it is only $15!!!
Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this out there. Just in case anyone is reading this blog. And is interested in helping a girl out. Did I mention it's on sale . . . ?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hm....I LOVE it. Seriously. I want one now...