Tuesday, August 24, 2010

26 week survey

How far along? 26 weeks. Only one more week until my third trimester starts. Wow! My next appointment is only 3 weeks away instead of 4-5 and then I'll soon start the every 2 week appointment.


Total weight gain/loss? Ugh. I don't even want to talk about it. I gained 6 pounds since my last appointment. Technically, if the books are correct and I'm supposed to gain 1 pound a week, then I only went over by 1 pound (since my last appt was 5 weeks earlier). But that didn't stop the skinny, blond b!#ch at the doctor's office from saying "Whoa, momma, 6 pounds! Packing on the tonage are we? You might want to watch that or before you know it you'll be as big as a house and they'll have to take off the roof and remove you with a crain to get you to the labor and delivery room." Ok, so she TECHNICALLY didn't say that. But that's what I heard when she DID mention how 6 pounds was more than what I should have gained. Sheesh. Thanks lady. It's easy for you standing there all young and pretty and blond. Yes, it IS important to constantly mention that she was blond. It makes me feel better. I don't know why. Anyway, I bet she hadn't just gotten back from a 7 day cruise (+4 day land tour!) to Alaska where eating was like breathing - it had to be done . . . all the time . . . and in mass quantities. Yah? What the hell was I thinking scheduling a doctor's appointment the week after that trip?!? I must be crazy, er, have pregnancy brain.


Maternity clothes? Just before the Alaskan vacation, my mother in law and I went shopping and bought a bunch of maternity clothes. I feel pretty comfortable now with what I have. And I can finally wear some of the maternity tops and not look funny since I now have my baby bump!


Stretch marks? Not yet....


Sleep? Ok, I guess. I wake up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom and/or to change position, but I guess I'm sleeping ok other than that. I did wake up one day last week with really bad stomach and back pains that lasted for a few hours. I couldn't find a comfortable position to save my life! But luckily it hasn't happened since.


Best moment this week? Well, the best moment of the week hasn't happened yet. I'm anticipating it will be Thursday afternoon when I have the 4D ultrasound done! The best moment I had last week was picking up and putting the crib together on Saturday!! (Well, technically Jeremy put the crib together . . . ). I love it!


Movement? Yup, I'm feeling baby move. Jeremy can't feel him or her yet, so he's frustrated, but I feel those thumps all the time!


Food cravings? Fruit. This baby is going to love fruit! On the cruise I loved these strawberry lemonades they would make - yummy! I've also been in a ginger snap mood recently. Weird.

Labor signs? Nope.


Belly button in or out? So, I thought that the farther along I got, that annoying crease would disappear. You know, baby would just sort of push it out. From the time I was little, this was always my hope - that at least when I got pregnant, that crease would disappear, if only for 9 months. Nope. I was wrong. I think it's destined to be there for the long haul. So, my belly button is still in - hidden in my belly crease. :-(


What I miss? OMG, let me tell you how much I missed alcohol on the cruise. It killed me! I also miss sushi. I mean, the good stuff. I will still get some sushi every so often, but it is always something with shrimp tempura. Which is fine. It's still quite tasty. But nothing like tuna. Yum!


What I'm looking forward to? Painting the nursery this weekend!


Milestone? It's finally 4D u/s time? Is that a milestone? I made it home safely from the Alaska trip - which included a very bumpy ATV ride? Is that a milestone? How about the fact that I finally LOOK pregnant? Not sure if these things are milestones, but they are things I'm happy about.

Stay tuned for photos from the 4D! Here's hoping baby is cooperative and we get some good face shots . . . and NO shots of baby's goods. I've already had a talk with the u/s tech. NO MATTER WHAT, she is not to tell the parents the sex of the baby. I promised to pay her more than my dad. :-)

2 comments:

Vica said...

Where's the belly pic? It's so great you are waiting to find out the sex. I wanted to do that, but then Adam was questioning my nursery colors so we had to come to a compromise. We find out the sex and I have complete control of nursery colors.
Have fun at the 4D appointment.

Ashley said...

Vica - that is too funny! What a compromise! So what colors did you decide on for the nursery?

I'll try to get another belly pic this weekend!