Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ashley Daniell, P.A.

P.A.? you ask. Well, it could mean the obvious: professional association. I am an attorney after all and therefore, by law, I am legally able to use P.A. behind my name. It has a nice ring to it doesn't it? Not too long ago (and when I say that, I literally mean like 2 minutes ago), I used to think that P.A. behind an attorney's name stood for "personal attorney." If I'm being totally honest here and laying my soul on the line, I have to admit that I prefer "personal attorney" over "professional association." But, alas, no one came to me to ask my advice when they decided the initials.

But that is neither here nor there (Isn't that a funny saying? Sometimes I like to throw it in conversations just for the fun of it!) because the P.A. behind my name does not stand for "professional association" OR "personal attorney." No, I have found an entirely new way to use the initials P.A. See, upon some water-cooler chatter with my coworkers, I have come to find out that there is a whole group of people out there who are paranoid. And, I freely admit that I am one of them. Yes, that's right: I AM PARANOID. And recognizing that you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

Have you figured out what my version of the P.A. stands for yet? That's right: Paranoids Anonymous!!

Needless to say I think I should start a support group for other paranoids out there just like me. We can get together, gather in a circle, and discuss our woes of the world. Granted, I'm sure at the end of the day, each of us will go home thinking "OMG, why did I tell them that??? They probably think I'm an idiot!" And those people will then come back to the next meeting to vent about how at the last meeting they laid their heart out there and the rest of us thinks he or she is a complete moron. And then nothing really gets accomplished. But, hey, 12 steps right? Or is it 10? Well, whatever the number of steps, the point is you take them one at a time. So I will start by announcing that:

My name is Ashley. And I am a paranoid person.

Great. Step 1. Check.

Anyone know what step 2 is?

1 comment:

Woodland Fields Photography said...

I thought it stood for Professional Attorney. Thanks for clearing that up for me, you would thnk attorney would be somewhere in the name of an attorney designation if it has an "A" in it.