Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vacation/All I ever wanted/Vacation/Had to get away

Those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE 80's music. I mean L.O.V.E. it!!! I know there were a lot of heinous things going on in the 80's, but luckily the music was not one of them (in my opinion at least). So yes, I titled this post after a classic 80's song by the Go-Go's: Vacation!

So, can you guess where I'm going with this? That's right! I'm going on VACATION! I can't wait! Jeremy and I are heading out of town tomorrow to sunny California. We don't have the most ideal traveling conditions, but I forgive Jeremy for this because he saved us a lot of money (or so he says). We don't actually fly out until 4:30 p.m., which puts us into San Jose, CA around 9:30 p.m. - IF we are lucky. Which, considering we have to go through Atlanta, there is a high probability we will not be running on time. If we were staying in San Jose, this really wouldn't be a huge deal. But since we actually have to get down to San Luis Obispo, which is a three hour drive . . . ugh. It makes for a REALLY long day. Again, if all goes according to plan, we would arrive around 1:00 a.m. California time - which if you do the math is 3:00 a.m. Tallahassee time. Yah, loooong day.

We will be spending a few days in San Luis with my family. I will get to hang out at my grandma's house, probably for the last time. It's actually pretty sad, so I'm trying not to think about it. I wish we were going to be there in time for the farmer's market. My fellow Tallahassians, let me tell you, that our "farmer's markets" are by no means anything compared to the one in San Luis. It is HUGE. And wonderful. Anything and everything they have. Fresh flowers, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, BBQ, homemade pita chips, the list goes on. I just couldn't believe it. They close off an entire street and the vendors line up on both sides. I was in love! Here are some photos from last year when I went:






*I apologize for the quality of the photos; They are SOOC.
Then we are getting on the Pacific Sunliner and heading down to LA to spend an evening with Jeremy's cousin Michael. I'm so excited to see Michael, Mia, and cute little Jack! We haven't seen them for a year, when Jack was just a wee-little one. But in the past year he has grown into a little man!

Unfotunately, we only have one night with them before we head on down to San Diego to see Jeremy's old high school friend Betsy and her husband Jeff. Now, I am SUPER excited about seeing them! I met them last year when I went out to California without Jeremy. I was so proud of myself - I actually called someone I'd never met before and arranged a get-together. Again, if you know me, you know how unlike me this is. But I am so glad I took the plunge. Betsy and Jeff are an amazing couple - so full of life and they are a lot of fun! Here's a pic:

Plus they are super-duper photographers. Seriously, check out their work. They are awesome! I just love their work! So hopefully I don't annoy them too much with all of my questions about the photography business . . . but there are no promises! LOL They live in such a cute little area of San Diego and there are some delicious restaurants around; I only hope they take us to the Lei Lounge! I love that place!!

Then next Thursday we will head home. We leave at some unreasonable time like 10:30 p.m. and have an overnight flight. I am SO not looking forward to that! But I am very excited about the overall trip!!

So, I guess I'll see you on the flip side!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I will miss yoU!!!