Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pecan-Crusted Sliders

Do you ever get tired of the traditional hamburger? Yah, I do too. I mean, sometimes I want some yumminess on a bun, but I'm just not in the mood for a cow patty. So the other night I was in this mood and decided it was a perfect night to try this recipe. It turned out better than I could have imagined. I mean, who would have thought Wilbur would have made a good burger?! Anyway, if you want a change and are willing to walk on the wild side, these burgers are for you!

Pecan-Crusted Sliders
Makes 8 servings
*Because I did not use pork tenderloin, I was able to make only 2 - the perfect amount for me and the hubby!

Ingredients
12 oz pork tenderloin, sliced crosswise in 8 pieces (instead I bought pre-sliced pork pieces and it worked out great!)
1 egg
2 Tbsp honey
1 cup finely chopped pecans (I used those salad topper pecans - the ones that are roasted and glazed - Mmmm, yumminess in my mouth!)
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 small green apple
1 1/2 cups shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
8 small buns or dinner rolls
Dijon-style mustard (optional)

Directions

1. With palm of hand flatten pork sllices to 1/4 ince thickness. (I did not have to do because I bought the pre-sliced pork). In shallow dish whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp honey. In another shallow dish combine chopped nuts, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dip pork in egg mixture, then nut mixture, pressing to coat.





2. In 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook pork in hot oil 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden and slightly pink in centers.



3. Meanwhile, for slaw, quarter apple, remove core and seeds; thinly slice. In bowl, combine apple, shredded broccoli, mayonnaise, and 1 Tbsp honey. Season with salt and pepper.

4. Place pork on buns/rolls and top with slaw. Add mustard if you wish.

These really were delicious and I can't wait to try them again! Just look at this baby!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This looks amazing!!!!