Friday, November 21, 2008

Pumpkin Waffles

Ok, I began taking photos of meals I made so I could post about my experiences making them. Well, I built up quite a collection before I started this blog and then I took even longer to download them. So I am trying to go back and remember each dish.

I had seen this awesome sounding recipe on another food blog for pumpkin waffles. I thought "hey! I can do that!" But the woman whose recipe I stole made everything from scratch. Me being as practical as I am said "Why do I need to do that when I have a box of Hungry Jack in the pantry??" WHAT?!? It IS practical! I mean, who has time to make everything from scratch?? In this day and age, a box with "Just Add Water" comes in quite handy! Anyway, moving on. So I figured I would just make my waffle recipe according to my Hungry Jack box and then add in the pumpkin mixture... and maybe a little of the spices the other recipe called for.

So all is going great. Here is my batter (sorry for the bad photos):














Looks tasty. So I started to make my waffles. And you know how most waffles are somewhat crispy coming off the waffle iron? Well, mine did not have that crispy texture. They were, well..... limp. Yes, I had limp waffles. The horror! On the plus side, they still tasted very good.














So this was a bombed experiment. And I'm sure the girl whose recipe I took would be laughing at me and saying "And THIS is why we make things from scratch!"

2 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG, at least you are inventive! and I dont know if we can be friends anymore...you know, with the limp waffles and all.

Ashley said...

Hahaha, please don't defriend me because of my limp waffles! I promise to do better next time!