Friday, November 21, 2008

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Ok, after the failed waffle attempt I was somewhat disheartened. Would I ever become the chef I want to be? ;-) Anyway, my next dish was Sweet and Sour Chicken. I was halfway in the process of making this when I realized it had to cook for an hour - ONE HOUR! That's after you've done a bunch of other stuff. Now to "I make everything from scratch" lady, a one hour meal is probably like a walk in the park. But to me, that is approximately 30 minutes longer than I like to spend on dinner! But I was already invested in this meal so I kept up the march. And thank goodness I did. It was the most delicious sweet and sour chicken I have ever tasted! Nothing like that breaded mess you get from a Chinese restaurant. You know what I'm talking about. Where you take a bite and can't even find the chicken amongst the pounds of breading? Yah, that stuff. Well this was just chicken. And it was delicious. Well worth the extra time it takes to make it. In fact, I have made it several times since!



By the way, if anyone is interested in these recipes please let me know (via comment or email). I will try to remember to post the recipes in the future as well.