Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Wedding of 2009

Over the weekend of January 10 we attended the Davies/Raschke wedding in St. Pete. It was all beautiful: the bride, the wedding, the weather. You name it. And I had the opportunity to stay in the hotel where Florida's Governor got married. I know - who cares right? But I like to have my own little claim to fame - even if it's only in my own mind. Yes, I realize I was not at the Governor's actual wedding, but I can pretend.
Anyway, there was a lot of fun to be had that weekend. We picked our good friends Gareth and Vanessa up at the airport Friday night and because they agreed to share a room with us I was able to stay in the Vinoy, thus engaging in my Governor wedding mirage. Saturday we walked around downtown St. Pete - which encompassed like 2 blocks. Or at least that's as far as we went. We endulged in decadent crepes at a truly French creperie and then rushed back to the hotel to get ready for the main event: the wedding.

Of course the ceremony was beautiful, as was the bride. And the reception was beyond fun. Let me say that vodka tonics are my new drink of choice. Even after losing count of how many I had, even with my wonderful bartender filling the glass near to the top with vodka and then adding only a dash of tonic, I managed to feel completely normal the next morning. Ok, well, maybe not completely normal. I felt a tad off. But comparatively speaking to how it could have been? Yes, vodka tonics are my new BFF.

I am sorry it has taken me so long to post photos from the wedding and I hate to admit, I still have the photos from my nice camera to download. So photos from the ceremony? Yah, not here yet. Sorry. I promise to post a few once I download them. However, I do have some of the fun had later!
Me and the love of my life:

Gareth and Vanessa:

The girls at the Andrews 228 table- Vanessa, me, Betsy, and Jen:

Betsy doing her famous dance:

Us and the happy couple:
And some photos at the After-the-Reception-Party:

Me and Fish:
Vica, Erin, and me:

No comments: