Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pet Peeve Vent

I have just wasted 42 cents. I know. It's not a lot of money. But still. It's the principle of the matter. I don't understand why you have to use extra postage when mailing a square envelope rather than a rectangular one. WHY?!? Is it really that hard to sort out the square ones? Postal workers get every holiday known to man off work. If Hallmark created "Happy Friday the 13th Day" I'm sure postal workers would get it off. On a side note, can you imagine the cards??? That could get interesting. Just don't send one of the ones where Michael Myers pops out in his scary mask to your 90 year old grandma - the consequences could be deadly and you may be buying a sympathy card next. Ok, moving on. So since they manage to get every possible holiday off work, then why oh why can't they at least be responsible for separating out the square envelopes when they are actually at work? And how much "more postage" is actually required? Two cents? Ten cents? Unless you take the time to trek over to the post office one does not know. And that is why I have just wasted 42 cents. Because I had to put two stamps on this envelope. I don't know why this bothers me so much but it does. It's just another way the man is trying to get us down. (fist in air!)

3 comments:

RowdyReptile said...

Hah. :) For the record, the postage calculator at USPS.com says it's $.62 for a square envelope. A postcard stamp ($.27) would cover the difference. Even better... the card store should sell $.62 stamps with those envelopes.

- Brad

Ashley said...

Yes, well Borders was not selling stamps with my card. But thanks for the heads up Brad. I'll keep that tidbit in the back of my mind for the next time I'm buying a funky-sized card!

Amanda said...

thats such bull. I hate that. Now we understand why these postal workers go 'postal' all the time...its people like you who must buy square cards.
Thanks Ashley...thanks.