Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year's Fun

Happy 2009!!!!

New Year's was a blast - in fact there was a little TOO much shenanigans going on in Southwood. But you only live once. Jeremy and I started the evening grilling out a nice filet mignon, paired with rice (for Jeremy - yes, he is weird) and a baked potato for me, and some veggie. Funny how I don't remember what the veggie was - you can see where my mind was: MEAT AND POTATOES BABY!!! Anyway, it was delicious if I do say so myself. Jeremy makes a mean steak!

Anyway, after filling our bellies in anticipation of the long night of boozing that was to come, we headed over to Catherine and Terry's house. By the way, her house is A.DOR.A.BLE! I swear she and Rebekah came from Martha Stewart's womb! We hung out there for awhile and then headed to Matt and Mary's for some good time cheer. Unfortunately, Matt and Mary were not able to acquire a babysitter, hence the get-together at their place. Sadly, we did wake the babies (Evelyn and Eloise at least). But you know what that meant .... PASS THE BABY!!! Yes, all of us girls passed Evelyn around like she was our own little sack of potatoes. She was so freaking cute!!! And about that time I believe there was some sort of pact made. But that is top secret and shall not be revealed until due time! Heheehe. So, after waking the kiddies, we decided we should head out. We headed to the Cooksey's for some more fun. They have a beautiful house! I think the boys were in heaven because of all of the big screen TVs. [rolling my eyes] Then it was off to another party. Yes, we made the rounds. We headed to Janene's house next. Her's was the first that was not actually in our little piece of paradise (Woodland Fields). Luckily, she still lives in Southwood, so it was not a far drive. And that is where the party began! We had shots, champagne, participated in a Spanish tradition (grapes on a stick - yum!) and had our own dance floor in the dining room. It was a good time had by all. That's all I will say - partially because I don't feel like writing down how much fun we really had and partially because I'm not sure if I can remember how much fun we really had! LOL


Needless to say it was a VERY late night. And thankfully I have the best husband around - one who loves me unconditionally. Thanks hunny!!

Now for some incriminating evidence!


Everyone had to take a photo with the 2009 glasses. Duh!


Rebekah in the 2009 glasses:

Geof in the 2009 glasses:


I think Jeremy was saying something like "I'm going to get you...."

Two lovely ladies: Rebekah and our wonderful host, Janene:

Oh yes, there was dancing:

Catherine and me...towards the end of the evening....

Terry, Catherine, Brandon and me:


1 comment:

Woodland Fields Photography said...

Loads of fun. The house is getting some spring cleaning today in anticipation of the Progressive Dinner. I take every opportunity to throw out junk I've acquired throughout the year.

And thank you for the complement!