Friday, December 19, 2008

Go Speed Racer!

One of my absolute biggest pet peeves is slow drivers. I can't stand them! And the ones that really send me over the edge? The people driving UNDER the speed limit in the LEFT lane. I.HATE.IT. It makes my blood boil just thinking about it. I know, I need to have more patience. But until you find a store that sells it, I may just be out of luck. This morning I was driving down Blairstone in the left hand lane. This portion of Blairstone has a speed limit of 45 mph (still a tad slow if you ask me, but DOT, aka, the Department of Transportation, failed to do so). So I come upon this car and suddenly feel like I'm crawling down the road. I think I saw a turtle pass us, no kidding. And then I realize why we are going so slow - the idiot is going 40 mph ... IN THE LEFT LANE! WHY?!? Why do people do this? Why do they feel the need to slow down the flow of traffic. Is the scenery that much better in the left lane? I admit, the median on Blairstone is quite lovely. But the right hand lane can be just as pretty. There are plenty of pretty oak trees ... and moss ... and yes, maybe a dead animal or two, but who's counting? And over in grandma's lane people won't give a crap if you are slow-poking along. There should be a rule that the minimum a person may travel in the left hand lane is 5 mph ABOVE the posted speed limit. And if you are one of those people who fret over getting a speeding ticket - suck it up. Cops will not take the time to pull your ass over going a measley 5 mph over when there are other people out there weaving in and out of traffic. Oh wait, the cops don't pull them over either. Have you ever noticed how there is never a cop around when someone really needs to be pulled over? When someone is blatantly driving 30 mph over the speed limit, or racing in and out of traffic, or not yielding in a round-about? Why is it that cops seem to all take their donut breaks at the exact same time? Is it in some cop handbook: If you get a feeling that someone is actually doing something wrong, make sure you find a Krispy Kreme and fast! And yet, they are always there when you are doing nothing but driving a tad over the speed limit and then they want to pull YOU over?!? The nerve!


I digress. So, next time you are driving down the road in the left hand lane, please check your speedometer and make sure that it reads, at a minimum, 5 mph over the speed limit. Otherwise, you may become the subject of my next post . . . and on here you are always guilty until proven innocent; and yes there will be mug shots.


2 comments:

Woodland Fields Photography said...

Amen! Another part of traffic that completely kills me, and I may be alone, is the person that waits until the very last minute to merge. You know the lane is merging!

Ashley said...

Ugh!!! I hate when people wait until the last minute to merge! What I also hate is when they try to merge (or switch lanes)fast and basically cut you off, when there was no one behind you and they could have just waited for you to pass and then easily have come on over. I get road rage pretty badly! LOL