Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pesto with Walnuts

The other night I was scrounging around in the kitchen looking for something to make for dinner. I had some spaghetti and a packet of pesto sauce. I thought "this will be something different" since normally when I can't decide what to make, we have spaghetti with meat sauce. As I was cooking the dish, I realized it might be sort of boring. I mean, noodles with some green sauce?!? Yah, boring, and if you ask me, not too appetizing looking. So I go back to the pantry (BTW, those who have known me for awhile, realize how freakishly excited I was about getting a pantry in my new house. I love it!) and I find some chopped walnuts. I thought "this might make it more interesting."

The end result was actually quite delicious . . . and not as unappetizing looking as I first imagined. It was very simple. Just cook your noodles. Toast your walnuts - set the oven for around 350 and put the walnuts on a baking sheet in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Buy one of those pesto packets and follow the directions. Add the noodles to the pesto sauce. Then add some toasted walnuts and fresh Parmesan cheese and WHA-LA! Instant dinner.

No comments: