Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm a slacker - Iron Bowl 2008 recap

I know that my loyal, faithful fans are wondering why I never posted my thoughts on the Iron Bowl game. Well I'd like to say it's because I was coming up with a wonderfully funny, in-your-face post.... but sadly, no, I'm just a slacker.

However, now that I have a moment I would like to comment on that game. It was FREAKING spectacular! Say all you want about "6 in a row." WHATEVER! None of those wins were by more than 10 points and none were a shutout. Let's just face it, we whooped Auburn's ASS and I loved every second of it! Let's just look at some stats shall we:
  1. It was the biggest win in 46 years. To be specific, it was the most "lopsided Iron Bowl since Bear Bryant's 1962 group won 38-0."

  2. It was Alabama's first shutout of Auburn since 1992 (where we won 17-0).

  3. It was the first time Alabama beat Auburn in Tuscaloosa (but in Bama's defense, they haven't played that many years in Tuscaloosa - six to be exact).

  4. Auburn only had 170 total yards.

  5. Auburn only had 8 first downs the entire game.

  6. Auburn had 3 turnovers.
Shall we look at some photos now? Yes, I think that's a great idea!
Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark:

What an interesting position:

You gotta love Mount Cody:

Is that enough? Nah, I didn't think so either!!!

You must respect #8! What an amazing player.

Ingram was never even touched!

Who doesn't love Coffee??

Celebrate good times, come on!

Ok, I know, now I'm being obnoxious. But that's ok. Because I'm not nearly as obnoxious as this:
One of my nice Auburn friends sent me an email after the SEC Championship Game (which I shall discuss in a moment) that said "Go Gators. Gators are #1!" To which I sadly shook my head and thought "It's sad you needed to change your team alliance just to be able to claim a win over Alabama this year." But instead I wrote something else. Something that I would like to say to all of my Auburn friends - because I know they can handle it and our friendship can prevail:
"All I have to say is 36-0 baby!"

2 comments:

RowdyReptile said...

Sad indeed. My first trip to Auburn was in October 1999. We had just lost to Bama and AU fans had painted on their car windows the score of that game and something to the effect of "HA HA! You lost to Bama!" Sure is sad when you have to hang your hat on the wins of your most bitter rival. We beat Auburn 32-14 that day.

Ashley said...

Good for you guys! And you know, they may have been laughing that you lost to Alabama, but we ended up being pretty darn good that year as you recall. At least we beat you guys twice that year .... :-)