Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh My Yummy Breakfast Pizzas

I tested these out on my good friend Laura (Hey Sal!) a few weeks ago and I received 2 thumbs up. So I decided to try my hand at them again on both sets of parents the day after Thanksgiving. Again, a crowd pleaser! They are just delicious! So that you too may impress your guests, I will post the recipe:

Fried Egg and Sausage Ciabatta Breakfast Pizzas
serves 8

1 loaf ciabatta bread*
1 cup chopped green onions
8 tablespoons olive oil*
8 ounces sliced hot pepper Moneterey Jack cheese
1 pound spicy or sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
8 large eggs

Preheat oven to 450. Cut bread horizontally in half. Place bread halves, cut side up, on baking sheet. Mix onions and 6 tablespoons oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread oil and onion mixture over bread. Top with cheese.

Saute sausages in large nonstick sillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking up with spoon, about 7 minutes. Divide sausage among bread halves. Bake pizzas until cheese melts and bread begins to crisp, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Crack an egg into skillet. Cook until white is solid and yellow is runny. Arrange 1 egg on top of each bread slice. Serve.

* Publix did not have Ciabatta bread, so I tried it with Asiago Cheese Bread and it was DELICIOUS! I will continue to make it with the Asiago Cheese bread instead.
* I did not use a full 8 tablespoons of oil. You don't need this much.

You can easily make this to serve as many people as you need.

Enjoy!

No comments: