Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

So did everyone have a good turkey day? I know I did! I stuffed my face with lots of yummy turkey and mashed potatoes with lots of butter, and green bean casserole, and corn casserole and cornbread stuffing ...... Oh yes, there was some button undoing!

But to make myself feel better about all of this indulging, I ran the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning. Bright-eyed and bushy tailed, mom, Jeremy and I head down to Eatz to begin my first race. I stretched, I jumped up and down, and I took my runner's lunge. Ok, who am I kidding? But I did stretch and then chatted with some friends before the big bang and we were off. So since I am not a big runner and it was my first race, I only had 2 goals: (1) to finish in under an hour and .... ok, really only one goal! LOL I did have another goal once I saw the race course. I wanted to run to a certain location that I picked ahead of time. Well, after all was said and done: I DID IT! I ran to my set location, which just happened to be a little over 2 miles. Then I walked up the hill and then finished running the rest of the way. After all was said and done, I finished the race in 35:20 minutes! I was very very proud of myself if I am allowed to brag!

So after all of this exercise, I was ready for a feast. And I thoroughly enjoyed every single bite!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am SO proud of you for finishing! Congratulations!!