Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Circle of Love

I am heading to California tomorrow so I may be a tad out of touch. I, of course, will have my phone, which does allow me to access email, texts, and yes, Facebook. So please keep in touch. I will be in California Thursday thru Monday visiting my grandma. I found out over the weekend that she was put in the hospital with pulmonary something-or-other, aka, her heart isn't pumping properly, and she has fluid in her lungs. Since she is 94 years old, the doctors say there isn't much they can do except make her comfortable. So I am heading out there to see her and I am praying that she holds on until I get there. On the bright side, my mom did say that yesterday she was doing a tad better. So that is good news.


This, obviously, is my California grandma - my mom's mom. And anyone who has known me for awhile knows that I truly adore her. I grew up traveling the country with my California grandparents in their motor home (you know, the old ones - where my grandpa had to actually go out and level the motor home on his own; it wasn't automatic). Because of them, I have been able to visit every state in the United States except like 3 I think. I have so many wonderful memories that involve my grandma: Ringo, the Pomeranian who had the same hair color as me; learning to play cards; learning to play Mexican Train; driving through Kansas, waiting for a tornado to lift us up like Dorothy; getting dolled up for Eastern Star events..... the list is long and would be longer except for the fact that I seem to have a horrible memory and forget things easily. But I know they are there in the back of my head. Here is one of my favorite memories of all time:



Isn't she just adorable?


Anyway, I am off to see this wonderful woman who has lived a long and grand life! I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. Thank you!

2 comments:

Woodland Fields Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Woodland Fields Photography said...

Good Luck with your traveling and time with your grandmother.