Friday, February 6, 2009

Go to hell Tennessee!

As an Alabama fan, I loathe the University of Tennessee. I mean, L.O.A.T.H.E. Everyone thinks that Auburn is Alabama's biggest rival, but in reality it is Tennessee. The Alabama/Tennessee rivalry has been going on much longer than Alabama/Auburn. So while we dislike Auburn as well, Tennessee is our arch nemesis. Just the mention of Tennessee makes me want to punch something ... or someone (preferably someone wearing something that says UT on it). I mean, creamsicle orange actually makes me throw up a little in my mouth. Seriously people, NO ONE looks good in that color! Why can't they see that?!? Well, it is true that nothing sucks like a big orange. And did you realize that you can't spell slut without UT? Ok, ok, I know. That's wrong and mean-spirited. I mean, I shouldn't offend the University of Tampa or University of Texas that way. We wouldn't want to lump them in with those creamsicle-loving, donut-eating Tennessee fans.

Speaking of Phil Fulmer, at first I didn't know what to do when he announced he was leaving. Who will we joke about? Who will be the laughing stock of the SEC? Who will we be able to place in a photo with a donut and it actually make sense? See exhibit 1 and exhibit 2 counselor. Well, needless to say, I was very disheartened. That is until yesterday. When I realized that Tennessee just happened to higher a thinner version of good ole Phil when they hired Lane Kiffin! We just need to put a donut in his hand! So I brushed away the tears from my eyes and gave a sigh of relief that YES! Tennessee will STILL be the laughing stock of the SEC!

I mean, seriously! Who comes to the SEC and pisses off everyone - especially two coaches with such an awesome record - within their first 2 months?? Oh that's right: Lane Tiffin. Who comes to the SEC with a 5-15 record in the NFL?? Lane Tiffin. Who comes to the SEC and doesn't even know the rules?? Lane Tiffin. I mean, the jokes can only get better than they were with Fulmer right!?!

So in honor of this glorious occasion, please follow me to this link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3887550&sportCat=ncf and embrace the new legacy of the University of Tennessee.

Enjoy and ROLL TIDE!

**By the way, if you just happen to be interested, here is a site with plenty of Tennessee jokes to go around: http://www.etua.org/travis.html.

4 comments:

Woodland Fields Photography said...

Ashley no one looks good in the color orange creamsicle or not. Miami (I hate you the most), Florida (you are right behind Miami), Auburn, Tennessee. Really? Ok burnt orange not so bad (I'll give it to those Austin, TX folks because my little sister might be going there next year). Those fans look like walking traffic cones. I can sit and laugh at them as I sit comfortably in my garnet.

Ashley said...

Very true - orange really is a horrific color. But, I still believe that creamsicle orange is by far the worst offender!

cmd graphics said...

it takes a confident person to wear real orange (go gators). that tennessee orange is revolting though. lane is providing lots of laughter in gainesville. he'll be put in his place quite soon.

GO GATORS!!!!
1996, 2006, 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPS!

P.S.-- love the fact that HE committed recruiting violations and was recently reprimanded!

Ashley said...

Yah, I hope the Gators and Alabama teach Lane a lesson next year!